|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Photographed Journey #1Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey. - Pat Conroy
For this spring and summer I gave myself two promises and so far I have kept them quite well. First promise was to get back on to my mountain bike and ride with it as much as possible and my second promise was to take my camera with me as much as possible and take pictures of things that might not seem as important. I hope that combining these two will at the end give a wonderful result, as well as keep me healthy and improve my skills. Since I am determined to use only manual settings on my camera then these pictures might not look the best but I'll hope you enjoy this article.
But since I do like to tell stories anyway then I have decided to share my journey with you. Every once in a while I will post some stories of it over here, as well as my photography group :devTh
The Beginning of a GroupHello, everybody. This is the founder here.
So, I just wanted to say thanks to all the little people out there...yeah, no speeches right now. Actually, I wanted to say thanks to the people who have visited or became members or admins to this group. This is the first group I have started so it is really special to me. Now, here comes the part that nobody likes, but is ultimately inevitable: rules.
1. There is no vulgar language, cursing, put downs, or negative comments allowed. We want this to be a fun and relaxing thing to do from time to time, not a place you are scared to go to because of one person who constantly puts you down.
2. Deviations that have any sort of restriction on them for content, nudity, vulgarity, sensitive topics, etc., are not allowed. All admins will personally look over all entries to see if they violate this rule. We do not consider bases nudity so feel free to suggest them.
3. This is a group for girls. So guys, I highly suggest not joining simply becau
Top contributions + MoreHello everyone,
I'm on the look out for top on top art. My collections alone aren't going to cut it. I need you to spread the word and relay back to me there username and work. Remember, no fan works! It must be all complety original. It can be inspired from a show just not something i will reconize right off the bat. Also I'll be browsing some members art as well for more gallery contributions.
Criticism (Beginners Guide)Critiques, as well as any other textual matter, should create a pleasurable reading experience rather than functioning as a premade manual in which you fill in the gaps - every work needs to differ and give a salutary lesson. However, there are few points that should be followed when judging someone's work (keep in mind that these are just my beliefs and should not be taken for granted):
• Firstly, try to provide constructed and carefully presented ideas; meaning, plan what and when you are going to say - every review, essay, or critique should consist of a introduction, main part, and conclusion containing razor-sharp and original argumentation.
• Avoid the first-person form (I, we). This point of view is primarily used for autobiographical writing and should be evaded as much as possible.
• Enlarge your vocabulary. There are a lot of ways to express yourself; do not stop at simple word stock, for example, instead of 'use' implement something like 'utilize', 'apply', 'operate', 'exert
FYIfor the few that actually followed my sister (this account) 'hey my homies' she says thanks!!! my sis and i have decided that we are going to do a joint acoount!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!! she shall be doing all of the artwork here! 'yeeeaaaaaaah!' and the incredibly awesome me, shall write! we will be called.... THE DYNAMIC DUO!!!!! 'thats lame lets just go with purple and orange, for all u fans who might want to talk to one person specifically.' well i thought it was pretty good but blegh on u then sis. (for anyone who hasnt caught on yet, the 'words' in those line thingies is the artist speaking....) I SHALL BE ADDRESSED AS PURPLE!!!!! 'AND I SHALL BE RED! ha! invader zim reference!' orange. she means orange. ' yea totally! orange!'
and now you see our awesome-ness!!!!!!!!!!!
so to recap,
and no, we do not mean purplexorange 'cuz that would be gross' we mean purple and orange! THE AMAZING ART DUO!!!!!!!!!!!! 'yea that one dosent work either, just stop trying'
Figure Painting inspired by time spent in Greece2
The Balance,' diptych. The two engaged figures form an interlocking shape, like seeing one person in two ways. Gemini personalities forming one complete whole.
Size: 2'x6' diptych, Media: Acrylic and multimedia, Project: figurative painting series inspired by painting and traveling in Greece.
Keep in Touch!
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More